Saturday, May 7, 2011

Polishing a Turd

I like to ride my bike and recently bought a mid-life-crisis present for myself. This bike is more expensive than my daughters semi-beater car. The local dealer is a guy who is a great mechanic and a challenging person. He's normal one day and rude and curt for the next four days. I bravely (bravely=stupidly) disregarded that and went forward, only to be in the same spot I find myself in A LOT. Trying to polish a turd. In this case a turdcoated situation.

They didn't measure me, didn't answer my question about stand over, have had the frame for 3 weeks, and don't return my calls. I feel like I'm in limbo, but I'm not! I can walk away. Walking away would make him mad at me, which has seemed unacceptable. But it's my money, right?

If this were an improv scene, I'd tell him to f*off and shove the frame up his a$$.

Since this is real life, I guess I'll be more polite but I can still say it. Oh Yeah! Because you can't polish a turd. Well you can, but it makes a mess messier.

1 comment: